Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Witherow Family: {Driftwood Beach}

I'm not really sure where to start... I left this session praying that I got a few good shots. The conditions were anything but ideal: It was crazy hot, the wind was weird at times (and not a good 'cooling' wind), & lastly the horse flies were A-W-F-U-L!!! On top of all that, I couldn't find the part of Driftwood Beach I wanted to be at. I felt like we were at Driftwood Beach without the driftwood:)

The Witherow's were super troopers and willing to do anything I asked of them, however Nora had her own agenda, so I just ran with it & after her! I loved watching her explore and take it all in, but more on that in a bit. Kara & Patrick, thanks again for enduring the heat & bugs all for me to scout a new location- you're the best!


Proof: These were taken at the end of the session... 95 degrees at 8:14 PM!!! Yowzers!!!
One of my personal favorites- I think it looks like a cover of a magazine.

As I mentioned before, most of this session was spent chasing Nora around as she took in her surroundings. She hadn't been to the beach since she'd started walking & she was truly in awe of the water- she was just drawn to it. We'd move her up the beach, take a few pictures, but slowly she always worked her way back to the waters edge to stare at the ocean. She was truly mesmerized by the water & I could just see her trying to take it all in. The ocean makes a great comparison to the love of God- it's vast, deep, & unending. Sometimes, like Nora, all we can do is stand in awe, which we should do- what a gentle reminder- thanks Nora!


'To write the love of God above would drain the ocean dry.'   -F. Lehman

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, Brooke, you captured our Nora so perfectly!! No, the conditions were not ideal, but you'd never know it by looking at the pictures! You did an amazing job and are so patient, especially with our curious child. We are looking forward to our fall family photo session with you and are praying that the weather is cooler. But we know whatever the conditions, the photos will be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete